Additional Options

If you have a complaint that has not been adequately addressed or resolved after exhausting the University’s complaint resolution procedures as documented in this website, you have three additional options:

1. If students are unable to resolve a complaint through the institution’s grievance procedures, they can file a complaint with the UNC Office of General Administration. Students should review the Student Complaint Policy (PDF), print out and complete the Student Complaint Form (PDF) and submit the complaint to:

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
University of North Carolina General Administration
910 Raleigh Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27515-2688
Phone: (919) 962-4558

2. If you reside legally outside of North Carolina while attending UNC Asheville, in many cases you can file a complaint in the state where you are residing.  A list of contacts at state higher education authorization agencies is compiled and updated by the State Higher Education Executive Officers Association.

3. You may also contact UNC Asheville’s regional accrediting agency, The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).  Consult its Complaints Policy Statement for information on qualifying conditions and procedures for filing an accreditation-related complaint.