Appealing Financial Aid Cancellations

Procedure for Appealing Financial Aid Cancellations

Students whose financial aid was cancelled due to GPA and/or completion ratio standards may be eligible to appeal for reinstatement under the following circumstances:

• Death in the family
• Medical illness (personal or an immediate family member)
• Loss of a job
• Divorce or separation

If one of the following circumstances exists, students should submit a completed Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form, providing the required documentation. The documentation will be reviewed by the SAP Appeal Committee and a decision will be made at that time. Notification regarding the decision of the appeal will be sent to the student’s UNC Asheville email address.

Visit the Financial Aid website for a more complete description of the procedure for appealing financial aid cancellations and for a link to the Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form.

For further information, contact:

Office of Financial Aid
University of North Carolina at Asheville
Brown Hall – Lower Level, CPO 1330
One University Heights
Asheville, NC 28804
Phone: 828.251.6535
Fax: 828.232.2294